After searching and experimenting for a long while, I think I finally found a good aid for meditation. Concentrating on purely on my breathing or stimuli (visual or aural) works well enough for me, and chanting does - but only if I'm really in the right mood - but I've really come to like mudras, or placing my hands in certain positions. I can't say I buy into them actually having some physical or even mental effect simply of their own accord in any way, but I can say that the physical act of contorting my hands a bit and relaxing them in front of my chest focuses my attention without drawing in clouds of connotation-thought better than anything else I've come across. Anyone else have a particular focus they prefer?

Also, I made a Flickr account to play around with the new camera I just bought, so I'll probably link it to the right and add to it as I go

I honestly haven't seen enough Firefly to really get what this guy is arguing (I didn't realize the setting was like that), but it passes the time till Serenity comes out

No comments: