Interesting thing about company owners showing up in pictures of random fundraising events and galas (as I happened to have noticed in a posh Foothills magazine or two), is that I suspect they also get either season or free tickets to all sorts of ancillary events. For example, “Oklahoma” (what is the proper punctuation for a musical, anyway?) at Centennial Hall at the UA. In the second bloody row.

The musical was certainly energetic enough, though as I’m sure I’ve already said, being in the seats we were in I sometimes found myself watching the conductor in the orchestra pit silently sing along to every part in a very, very animated way. I also wonder, where did the cowboys find jeans that fit so nicely, and yet allow them to kick so high? I know they sell jeans cut like gi pants, but those didn’t look like them. And was there always a burlesque sequence in this one? I know I was young when I first saw it, but I really don’t remember one; I felt kind of awkward with a kid or three sitting in the immediate vicinity while that much skin was being waved around. Another thing I’ll note was that I did not find any of the actresses attractive except for said burlesque women – I kind of started figuring there was an issue when I realized I was comparing the lead actor favorably over his counterpart. What’s that about? Seriously, people.

Ok, who’s up for a round of “Phantom”?

No comments: