In walking through the grandly re-opened Safeway nearby, my initial remark was that they were trying to imitate Trader Joe's, running off the sample tables and profusion of organic products. My mom's more astute remark was that they were probably going for more of a competition with A.J.'s, which made more sense considering the various decorative efforts towards poshness. That thought in turn made me notice the several women, probably in their late forties or early fifties, dressed exactly like sorority girls in trendy/'classy' mode (swishy pants and printed tops, hair in artful sprays, shiny lipstick). I think I was going somewhere with that and was probably going to make some sort of snarky social commentary, but on the other hand I think I'll just leave it as it lies.

-though they turn into 50/50 throwdowns too easily for my taste, an ankle lock breakdown (not my pun!)

-and these bug me because they really require a cup to do well in my opinion, so that kind of negates them for anything but sport

-as much as I'm into yoga, laughing at oneself for anything is good, right?

Resonance - shades of Starfish as a reference, but any vague suggestion of the possibility of telepathy always interested me, and if one really stretches it might play into some yoga ideas as well

No comments: