First off, Life in Transit, by Our Man in Seattle (hee I always wanted to be able to use that phrase), Mr Andrew! Smart and snappy, in the land of...uh....coffee and rain. And apparently people randomly breakdancing. Mmm...coffee and rain....and breakdancing...

Randoms from the Weekend (tempted to make this an institution):
-moving stuff from one storage unit to another, lugged a bunch of Mr Wyatt's rocket stuff. As I was carrying the exquisitely shaped (though now broken) nozzle of the famous Precision 1, something finally clicked about rocketry to me. That is, how what I had previously just thought of as cold, impersonal engineering is directed towards not only harnessing, but also shaping something akin to raw energy. I mean, it's one thing to take a crowbar and manipulate solid matter, but another entirely to cut out a starburst pattern in a solid propellant, ignite liquid oxygen down the middle, and direct it out of a graphite nozzle built upon mathematical beauty-in-perfection. It's like alchemy combined with sculpture-with-function.
-then I started looking at a windshield while driving, which struck me as I was looking at solid matter, now, but I could see straight through it - so was I looking at what was beyond the glass, or at the glass itself? Similarly, when I look at the mirrors, am I looking at the reflection....or at the surface of the mirror itself, that has taken on the quality of the reflection in my eyes?
-a blueberry champagne martini might be drinkable...if it's not composed almost entirely of vodka. Pomegranate-cranberry is tastier anyway.
-what's with two different people showing up over an hour late to two different going-away parties? That were for them? Seriously, people. I narrow my eyes at you.
-is it bad that I'm tempted to think about a shaped, faint scar (spiral) made by a kind of branding on a cute gal I met, in light of doing it? Probably.
-Home Depot, while generally aweso, will try to deceive you with their delivery charges! "Free plus haul-away" for over $299...but if a washer and dryer are over $299 combined, it doesn't count, one of them has to be over that price. Trickery!
-getting slammed into a brick wall is not necessarily that bad; just get some meat with a high cover between your head and the wall, or shape your body with a vertically-aligned breakfall (or both, as I did on the weekend, and was luckily protected as well by the slam-er).
-and really, was anyone surprised that Chuck Liddell only had a quick little fight? I've not heard the details, yet, but I have to say within the three days before and night of, the various random people I spoke to about it all predicted the same result.

Diary of a Mad Pigeon - blog of Mr Wyatt's Geopolitics teacher...nope, I still haven't really figured it out, either

"His verses, which being illiterate he never expressed in writing, often began with some strongly worded insult to get the attention of passers-by." - heh, in regards to my favorite Indian saint-poet

No comments: