This paragraph'll pretty much make sense to Dark Tower devotees only, I think...which is basically me and Ms. Connie, but hey. There's these spindles at work, where every time I send a purchase order, I put it on one of them, and every time we receive what is ordered, I take the appropriate purchase order off. So basically, as much as I am kind of replenishing the spindles each time, all the same I'm continuously taking purchase orders off - but not in any particular order, for all the spindle is concerned, it's completely randomly being depleted. So I thought, if the spindle was a little world unto itself (thinking of the end of the first novel in the series, here), it would be analagous to Roland's Mid-World, in how it's contantly moving on, as it were. Though I guess it could also be an example of Theseus' Paradox, now that I think about it, completely unrelatedly.

For Ms. Feifei, an explanation of my semi-nonsensical flickr labels –

Basically, different languages, appropriate meanings of female names...
Zahrah - Arabic/blooming flower; the flower set, natch
Acantha - Greek/thorn; basically cacti reproductive organs
Klytie - nymph who loved the sun unrequitedly, transformed into sun-following flower (heliotrope); that’s poetic for ‘sunsets are kewl’
Nephele - fem created from a cloud by Zeus; I was kinda proud of that one, actually, vapor, smoke, and vapor-related activities
Midori - Japanese/green; though I can’t help but think of the similarly named drink, plants without the flower aspect
Nawara - Arabic/'to illuminate'; just trying to be artsy with light
Shailaja - Sanskrit/daughter of the mountain; mmm tasty landscapes
Eshe - Swahili/life; yeah I had trouble coming up with that one, the fauna set
Promethia – a play on Prometheus, who brought fire, etc; things created by human thought and hands
Ngaio – Maori/from the name of a tree; um….well, trees.
Enosha – a play on Enosh = Hebrew/’human being’; as hesitant as I am to take people photos, I decided to put some up anyway
Berie – Old English/berry; fruit! And possibly other food pictures in the future….mmm so hungry…

-and, in other news, last night was the first night I've had a police helicopter's spotlight on me. And I just tried a 'taco de cabeza'...quite tasty, actually. Though I'm a tiny bit worried over mad cow disease, heh.

No comments: