Oh man, I wish I had my camera. Going to grab Lisa and I lunch at Wendy's (mmm spicy bird meat), there was a beautiful cloud system with at least four distinct types of formations, then to the south was just an ominously massive thunderhead. If last night was any indication (I had run around 4th Ave and the UA in and out of the leading edge of the lightning-ridden storm) going by Debbie being blocked by fallen foliage from getting to work and Lisa's neighbor's house getting smashed by the same, looks like part of the valley is going to be hit by microbursts again. Fun, monsoon times!

A Tale of Two Sisters (Janghwa, Hongryeon), with...dang, I'm not so good with foreign actors, uh, Korean people. Last night I was kind of comparing this movie in its unreliable narrator-ness and identity issues to Mulholland Drive, though upon reading the wiki entry for it, I think as that article points out Fight Club is perhaps a more apt comparison. In the end, I think I decided I liked this movie...though it took reading the wiki entry to confirm theories and that I really didn't miss what were details that were actually left out to solidify that. I though it was quite effective as a pyschological thriller/horror film, and some of the shots from the opening one on were downright artistic, but I was actually a little frustrated at times by the lack of information. I can't figure out why I was frustrated by it here, where I've been fascinated by that in other movies, though. Maybe I had a phantom 'ache or something.

I did think about how it's funny how horror movies kind of seep into one's perception of reality even after they're over, though. For example, a house I normally walk around confidently in the dark suddenly became hollow and creepy and filled with dark corners, and the hairs on the back of my neck were rising...till I stopped and consciously re-asserted what my senses were actually perceiving, not what my movie-affected mind was imposing.

I'd try this here but I'm sure a Mexicana would stick one in my eye

Proof of dark matter? This, my friends, is no laughing matter. Heh...yeah that wasn't even a pun. Oy.

-in other news, I'm grandly reorganizing my flickrspace; each set was getting too diverse within itself for my tastes

No comments: