dooby doo

In the space of Ms Kim singing "Tony Danza" at karaoke, I caught out of the corner of my eye Cung Le completely dominating some poor guy through one round of san-shou rules kickboxing. I was watching my girlfriend, natch, but I could see in my peripheral vision at least five different kinds of throws, which is significant in my mind because most sport-fighters can do maybe one or two wrestling takedowns at best, much less spectacular, body slamming throws like that. Seriously, look up Cung Le on youtube if you want some free entertainment, and don't mind feeling bad for his opponents.

In other news, I enjoy freckles on a girl. I think they're cute (luckily, my girlfriend is naturally freckled by her long days in the sun at dog shows). Also, as much as I reflexively blocked off my ears to country music in years past, I'll admit I've grown to appreciate it for several reasons. For example, the faster songs are often just impressive, and catchy, and I enjoy how they often tell a story (which most other contemporary music doesn't at all), and also damn but I never realized a girl twang'ing it up could be that attractive.

Civil War: Fallen Son looks to be interesting, both on account of Jeff Loeb being attached to it, and how he seems to have already skillfully planned out both structure (based on the 'stages of grief') and characterization. But who's going to die?! Damn, I don't even know who to guess!

Huh, never heard of European windstorms before

1 comment:

Kevin said...

*Southern drawl* Yep. Girls with freckles are fine as wine.