old school

What's Up, Doc?, with Ryan O'Neal and Barbra Streisand. First of all, somehow, someway, Streisand is ungodly hot in this movie. Hott, or hawt, if you will. Like, dayamn, if one might forgive the colloquialism. As it were. Wowza. Ironically, it's apparently also a distant reference to another movie I enjoyed, but in that case was ultimately disappointed with, The Lady Eve. But anyway, this movie is hilarious. I'm not even sure why, exactly. But I was laughing really, really hard. A lot. I think, if I were to see it again, I'd even say with more confidence that it actually has a pretty tight narrative structure, for what it is...as it was, I almost had trouble following some aspects of it, but I didn't care, I was laughing too hard.

Vertigo, with Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. Well, aside from the fact that I was utterly exhausted and couldn't keep my eyes open, it was interesting. For true, it's a good story, though we thought that the explanation of what the female lead had been doing for half the movie would have better served the story if it was explained at the end instead of the middle. Of course, I had to have the ending explained to me after dozing through it, but ah well.

-I almost want to make a pilgrimage

No comments: