slap me some wing, Mme Penguin!

Or would that be fin? Hm. Anyway, damn but did some good comics come out this week. Nova 1 is a great start to a new series, the relationship between Richard and the Worldmind is priceless; I hope they keep that and the interesting writing up as it goes on. In differently awesome way, New X-Men 37 is a real work of art, I mean, like in the painted sense - the dark fairytale portion really is painted, and smoothly placed within a lovely frame of the regular comic. Gen13 7 is finally getting back to those wacky ol' Gen13 roots, with a standalone issue that can't help but make the reader grin from ear to ear. Conversely, Stormwatch PHD 6 continues to build its own unique style, with great dynamics between the various characters and within the expanded setting, and ends with a great setup for an Assault on Precinct 13-style throwdown. Ironman 16 is also something of a standalone issue, good, but not interesting enough to get me started on it; I did enjoy the (re)introduction of the Mandarin, though - creepy! And what I'd say is the weakest, but what I suspect many would say would be the strongest would be New Avengers 29 - again, Dr Strange as deus ex magicka, oy, but the dialogue sure is snappy, and the art, unconventional. In other news...the hell?

No comments: