I wonder if Barney ever got it on with the media exec

Death to Smoochy, with Edward Norton, Catherine Keener, and Robin Williams. Much funnier than I expected, and much lighter than I expected. The stylization was expected, though I'm kind of curious what the effect might have been were it continued all the way through the movie, rather than just used as an introduction. There's a nice little expanded setting in this, and even a sweet romance, a little (slightly psychotic) redemption, Irish mob (suddenly want to watch Boondock Saints), midgets...an odd, crazy, fun movie. Norton: your young self pulled off a cheery role well! And Keener was pretty hot, too, offhand.

When a Killer Calls, with Rebekah Cochan and Robert Buckley. Ugh. So bad it made me angry just to watch it. By the time it got around to the end, I was literally tapping fingers an toes wanting it to be over sooner. Maybe the dumbass characters were more true to reality, of people being that mind-numbingly stupid, but I just couldn't feel any sympathy to characters being blythe to that degree. There was a little twist at the end, I suppose, but it was worthless without having any build-up from the rest of the movie; hell, it wasn't even a lack of build-up, but simply build-up to something else entirely. Argh!

Personally, I find the idea delicious:
"The Seven Up Bar was a candy bar comprising seven different chocolate "pillows", each filled with a different flavor. Flavors changed with the availability and popularity of ingredients, which included, among others, brazil nut, buttercream, butterscotch, caramel, cherry cream, coconut, fudge, mint, nougat and orange.[4] The high manufacturing costs and trademark issues with a soda manufacturer, today Cadbury Schweppes, caused the bar to be retired in 1979"

There's a bunch of cute stories near the bottom; I like the rank of "Able Seacat," personally

It's so pathetically true. Poor SpiderMan.

No comments: