Talking monkey, yeah, yeah. Came here from the future, ugly sucker, only says "ficus".

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, with Robert Downey Jr, Val Kilmer, and Michelle Monaghan, who still doesn't do anything for me, really. I mistake her for that girl in Lost, I guess, that's about it. I'm glad I finally got to see this one, despite having forgotten it to the point of only the name being vaguely familiar when we glanced at the dvd. I actually had to consciously stop myself from trying to imitate the cadence of Downey and Kilmer's wit after the movie was over, but hey, it really was hilarious. It was odd to watch another movie with metafiction in it in such quick succession, but here it was less central and more an amusing sidenote. Only downside of the movie for me was the ending, which was ok, but kind of trailed off in a meandering, uncertain way, like they couldn't pick just one ending...though, the wit remained, I suppose, in the kind of self-conscious narration about it. So there's that.

eeep - hate to imagine that happening in the diner, we had enough trouble back when that fermented ketchup splattered the walls

No comments: